System Chair - Psychiatry & Behavioral Health - Pittsburgh
The System Chair of Behavioral Health & Psychiatry is a physician leadership role, reporting directly to the President, Physician Organization, in a multi-specialty group practice and healthcare system. The Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Institute at AHN is comprised of three divisions: General Adult, Child and Adolescent, and Psychology.
- Is responsible for managing a department of 45 faculty and 145 FTEs providing inpatient clinical care across 6 psychiatry units, totaling 140 beds.
- Oversees a highly-regarded psychiatric residency program, child and adolescent fellowship, and psychologist training programs. Psychiatry and psychology training programs are led by well-established Directors who work closely with the Chair.
- Provides strong clinical oversight and coordinates forward-looking business plans for these sites to anticipate their clinical needs, including several nationally recognized special population programs.
- Works with other leaders to ensure that AHN provides outstanding mental health care to its patients while also serving as a resource of healthcare excellence for the community.
- Integrates physicians from multiple institutions—employed and independent— into a cohesive group, creating a system identity that establishes commonality of standards and processes where necessary, reduces variations in outcomes, and maximizes patient access.
Allegheny Health Network – a subsidiary of Highmark Health, is a nine hospital system, employing more than 1,000 physicians and almost 600 residents and fellows, serving as primary clinical sites for Drexel and LECOM. Together with Highmark, they have embarked on a five year clinical integration strategy between all components of the enterprise that will heavily focus on physician leadership and input at all levels of the organization. The new System Chair will be instrumental in that process.
Posted January 29, 2021