Psychiatrist - Tele-Psych - 8 Hours Per Week
Near Jacksonville, FL
Inpatient and outpatient
Job Summary: Role Includes 8 Hours of TelePsych per week with One 8 Hour Shift of On-site Coverage per Month.
Provides medical psychiatric assessments and services to patients in a correctional facility.
- Supervises and manages the daily operations of the prescribing of psychotropic medications to the mentally ill population; serves on committees as appropriate and conduct staff in-service training.
- Assesses patient’s mental status and medical needs; based upon diagnosis direct the formulation of treatment plans; monitors patient’s progress and modifies treatment plans as indicated.
- Communicates medical orders to the nursing staff.
- Participates in case disposition and follow-up planning; provides medical case supervision and consultation.
- Maintains records and provides documentation associated with services delivered
- Certifies a patient for inpatient hospital or acute care psychiatric facility as appropriate.
- Provides evaluations as required by the courts.
- Will adhere to Armor’s Standards of Professional Conduct, and will incorporate and/or be supportive of Armor’s four core FISH! Philosophies – i.e. Play, Be There, Make Their Day and Choose Your Attitude.
- Respond to requests from Security Staff as well as Armor Staff in accordance with Armor and Facility Guidelines. This includes following the rules and regulations for employee conduct/behavior and chain of command set forth by the command staff at all times while working within the detention/correctional facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Posted October 6, 2020