Part-Time Lead Palliative Care Physician (Field Based & Telephonic)
Inpatient and outpatient
Aspire Health is the nation’s largest community-based palliative care provider. Aspire specializes in providing an extra layer of support to patients facing a serious illness through an ambitious palliative care program focused on caring for patients in their homes and outpatient clinics. Aspire’s clinicians are experts in providing patients with relief from the symptoms, pain, and stress of a serious illness; helping patients and caregivers navigate the healthcare system; guiding patients and caregivers through difficult and complex treatment choices; and providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families.
Responsible for providing Internal Medicine/Family Medicine Services to patients.
- Provides medical patient care by interviewing, examining, and treating clinical patients.
- Educates patients and families on wellness, prevention and early detection.
- Provides referrals based on examination and patient needs.
- Participates in quality improvement, management, continuing education, and patient care programs.
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests, and inquiries from patients.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations.
- Completes medical records (EMR) documentation daily. Covers night calls as needed.
- Requires a MD or DO.
- Requires current unrestricted medical licensure in applicable state(s) and board eligibility or board certification.
- DEA license required.
- For CareMore business units, satisfactory completion of a pre-placement Tuberculosis test is a requirement for this position.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 Diversity Inc. magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Posted December 27, 2019