Home & Supportive Care Primary Care Physician - WellMed
- Practice with a multi-disciplinary team of health care providers that may include, but is not limited to, Family Practice and/or Internal Medicine Physicians, RN Case Managers, social workers, and clinic staff.
- Our model is designed to provide a comprehensive, coordinated model of care to a predominantly Medicare-aged population.
- Primarily manage care in the patient’s home; however, care may require an office or other facility setting depending on the needs of the patient.
- Diagnoses and treats both acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease and other chronic medical conditions.
- The physician will also treat acute conditions such as minor injuries and other acute medical conditions such as infections or exacerbations of chronic diseases.
- Facilitates patient and family decision making regarding treatment decisions and end of life care and serious illness discussions.
- Prescribes pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Board certification or eligibility in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
- Active, unrestricted medical license in Florida
- Valid DEA license
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diptheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency
- Possess a working understanding and support of a managed care environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and maintain relationships with various health plans
Posted July 1, 2021