Medical Director Needed for Inpatient Psychiatry Unit in Montgomery County, Maryland
At Mindoula Health we're transforming the practice of psychiatry by combining the systems-based and holistic framework of our clinical practice with our innovative approach to designing, implementing, and managing psychiatry services in a variety of treatment settings for a range of populations requiring psychiatric care. Our turnkey telepsychiatry service delivers psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, and other allied behavioral health professionals to help hospitals and other institutions deliver psychiatric care to underserved patient populations.The Medical Director will serve as the Medical Director for adult and adolescent patients during their treatment at the facility.Tasks & Responsibilities:Lead rounds and provide supervisory direction to the team regarding treatment planning including but not limited to, medication changes, length of stay challenges, conversion of legal status, transfer of patients to other facilities.
- EMR: EPIC
- Inpatient Unit: 24 beds
- Partial Hospitalization Program: 30 spots, adult only
- Consult Service: Medical Floor and ED (Consults average 0-3/day)
- Provide on-site presence and leadership necessary to maintain clinical integrity and unit safety.
- Interested in leadership, educational programs, and quality improvement experience; comfort being a very prominent member of the medical staff.
- Assist with the development of call schedules in collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Collaborate with the NIMH and conduct research.
- Available for conflict resolution between staff and patients and supports a cohesive relationship with the nursing team and leadership.
- Perform duties of Medical Director and assist with all quality and performance initiatives in support of the integrity of the Behavioral Health Unit.
- Behavioral Health Services program development.
- Submit charges to billing within 24 hours
- On-Call responsibilities:
- One (1) weekend on-call per month
- One (1) weekday on-call per week
- Two (2) holidays on-call per year
About Mindoula Health
Mindoula is a leading population health management company that scales the human connection through technology to address mind, body, and life challenges. Mindoula identifies, engages, and serves populations that might otherwise be overlooked or left behind, and delivers tech-enabled, team-based, 24/7 support across the continuum of care. Mindoula’s adaptive data science approach, multi-platform stack, virtual collaborative Care Program, and virtual + in-person care extension solutions enable its enterprise partners to achieve improved outcomes and significantly reduce costs by integrating behavioral, medical, and social determinants of health. Headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, Mindoula currently operates in Maryland, Virginia, the District of Columbia, Nevada, Louisiana, New Jersey, Michigan, Florida, Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Missouri, West Virginia, and California with national expansion plans to meet the growing need for integrated whole-person care.
With the recognition we received for being the fastest-growing private company in Maryland (http://bit.ly/MSNMindoula) as well as the 2018 Inc. 5000 36th fastest-growing private company in the US (https://www.inc.com/inc5000/list/2018), our company's future is bright. However, Mindoula’s success in achieving our mission of transforming behavioral healthcare in the US and around the world depends upon our ability to find, recruit, and retain super-talented professionals like yourself!
A range of practice opportunities are available to you: from inpatient treatment at one of our community hospitals, to outpatient treatment at one of our three outpatient clinics, to aging-related and telepsychiatry services powered by the Mindoula telehealth platform. There are opportunities to trail blaze in the areas of collaborative care, readmissions reduction, and behavioral health population management, and to be part of a patient-centered revolution in behavioral healthcare.
Mindoula Health is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation.
Posted July 27, 2020