Systems Medical Director Career in Evansville, IN
The System Medical Director (SMD) is responsible for the overall performance of Sound’s hospitalist programs at our partner hospitals. The SMD has the responsibility of supervising the chief hospitalist at each hospital and ensures that each of the hospital programs is implemented and continuously improved upon.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong leadership talents and works well in a distributed team-based environment
- A positive attitude with a high degree of energy; committed to working the long hours required to get great results
- An effective and persuasive communicator who is comfortable speaking with all levels of a hospital administration team and medical staff
- Excellent reputation as a clinician with strong diagnostic, a calm and rational approach to problem-solving, and be an organized multi-tasking manager
- Understand and champion Sound's management approach
- At least 5 years of experience in a hospital medicine Leadership position
Facility and Job Details
- The system medical director position is 75% administrative and 25% clinical; 7on/7 off day position with scheduled clinical shifts at both hospitals
- 42 physicians and 9 advanced practitioners with clinical performance nurses across both hospitals
- Hospitalist run codes on their own patients, open ICU with intensivist support and consults, no call environment
- Benefit from competitive compensation, health benefits, professional liability, 401K contributions, WRVU-based productivity bonuses, and paid relocation expenses
- The ideal candidate will have the flexibility to travel and work between two hospitals in Evansville, IN located approximately 20 minutes apart, coupled with occasional travel for Sound meetings and conferences to cities throughout the U.S.
Posted December 28, 2020