Medical Director - Post-Acute Care Management - Remote PST, MST, or CST Hours - naviHealth
San Diego, CA
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our naviHealth product, we help change the way health care is delivered from hospital to home supporting patients transitioning across care settings. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
At naviHealth, our mission is to work with extraordinarily talented people who are committed to making a positive and powerful impact on society by transforming health care. naviHealth is the result of almost two decades of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for care transition solutions.
- Board certification as an MD, DO, MBBS with a current unrestricted license to practice and maintain necessary credentials to retain the position
- Current, unrestricted medical license and the ability to obtain licensure in multiple states
- 3+ years of post-residency patient care, preferably in inpatient or post-acute setting
- Licensure in multiple states
- Willing to obtain additional state licenses, with naviHealth’s support
- Understanding of population-based medicine, preferably with knowledge of CMS criteria for post-acute care
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment while completing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to complete assignments with reasonable oversight, direction, and supervision
- Demonstrated ability to positively interact with other clinicians, management, and all levels of medical and non-medical professionals
- Demonstrated competence in use of electronic health records as well as associated technology and applications
- Proven excellent organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven solid interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and build positive relationships with colleagues
- Proven highest level of ethics and integrity
- Proven highly motivated, flexible and adaptable to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington residents is $248,582 to $338,965 per year. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Access to Parks
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Restaurants
Median Home Value
Posted February 26, 2024