Pediatric Pulmonology-Sleep Medicine Opportunity with Penn State Health Children's Hospital
Penn State Hershey Childrens Hospital
Penn State Health
Penn State Health Children’s Hospital Division of Pediatric Pulmonology - Sleep Medicine is seeking a Pediatric Pulmonology – Sleep Medicine Physician. We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research.
- We are a division of 9 physicians (7 full time),
- 5 NP/PA’s,
- A full complement of ancillary staff including excellent administrative support, a social worker, dietician/nutritionist, CF nurse coordinator and other nursing support, and two clinical research nurse coordinators.
- Our Pediatric Sleep Program has a 16 bed sleep lab that we share with adult medicine with 4+ Pediatric beds.
- Currently, we have one Sleep physician and a 0.4 FTE NP staffing the sleep program.
- In addition, we are a CF center with programs in bronchoscopy, home ventilation, non-invasive ventilation, neuromuscular disease, sickle cell disease, apnea, asthma, BPD +/- PH, aerodigestive disease, etc.
What we’re seeking:
- We are seeking someone trained in Pediatric Pulmonology and Pediatric sleep medicine.
- M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania BC/BE
- An interest in research would be supported but is not required.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign on bonus and Relocation assistance,
- CME time and funds,
- LTD and Life insurance, and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
Our freestanding Children’s Hospital just underwent a vertical expansion due to accommodate pediatric needs in central PA is located near Harrisburg and is a safe, family-friendly location, with access to excellent public schools. Our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture.
Penn State Health is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
About Penn State Health
Located in Central Pennsylvania, the Penn State Health system offers inviting and safe communities to live, work, play, and learn. The surrounding neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. The area is rich in history and offers all the beautiful inspiration of the four seasons. You’ll discover numerous opportunities for day trips, local adventures, outdoor and indoor activities. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. Nearby airports and Amtrak stations along with close proximity to major interstates make living in Central Pennsylvania convenient and fulfilling from both professional and personal perspectives.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Posted November 19, 2020