Associate Medical Director - Des Moines, IA
Des Moines, IA
$30,000 Sign-On Bonus For External Candidates
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physician currently licensed to practice without restriction in the state of practice and has met or exceeded all the credentialing requirements of a provider within the provider panel.
- Current in the knowledge of geriatrics, utilization management, quality management, managed care principals and new clinical developments and technologies.
- Have experience in leading teams of physicians and mid-level providers in delivering high quality, cost effective care.
- Experience in recruiting and hiring medical talent along with continuous supervision of the medical care delivered
- Ability to analyze staffing needs sufficient to care for the patient panel.
- Experience in coaching members of the health care team to provide excellent care or, if needed, determine deficiencies in care and formulate a plan for improvement.
- Access to reliable transportation required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety Policy
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
Posted July 7, 2022