Community Medical Services
Nurse Practitioner - Join Our Team in Salem, OR
Community Medical Services (CMS) is hiring immediately a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to assist patients recovering from addictions to opioids and other illicit substances in Salem, OR.
Schedule: Tuesday through Saturday
Pay Range: $70-75/hr
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is excited to work in an outpatient setting, much like a doctor’s office or behavioral health clinic.
- Enjoys a consistent, full-time schedule.
- Has experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals.
To thrive in this role, you must be able to:
- Bring sensitivity to the needs of those who are chemically dependent.
- Ensure all medical evaluations, medical histories, and physical examinations are complete before patients receive initial dose of medication.
- Manage ongoing treatment, including signing medical orders, treatment plans, and documentation required by state and federal laws.
- Maintain responsibility for patients’ case management, including chronic health problems, health conditions, and prescription medication management.
- Accurately complete same-day clinical documentation using required visit templates entered into the Electronic Health Record.
- Perform comprehensive physical examinations of patients and facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities as needed for continuum of care.
- Collaborate with the Medical Director to ensure patients’ healthcare needs are met.
- Educate patients, families, staff, and community members on medication actions, side effects, and proper health and nutrition habits.
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in state of employment
- CPR Certification Required
- First Aid Certification Required
- Clinical experience in substance abuse rehabilitation and Opioid treatment preferred
- Experience documenting into an electronic medical record
- Ability to complete a valid fingerprint clearance and tuberculosis test
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Parks
Access to Restaurants
Median Home Value
Posted February 27, 2024