Ketchikan, Alaska - Orthopedic Surgery: Do Something Different
Ketchikan, Alaska is perfect if you are looking to provide care differently than other places while having the outdoors right in your back yard. Make a difference in the community you live in!
- Housing with world class views! Ketchikan has amazing housing deals, and no matter where you live there the views are sure to be extraordinary
- USA Today named Ketchikan the "best city in Alaska to live," noting health outcomes, restaurants, bars, and tourism as some of the top reasons
- The people of Ketchikan are warm, engaged and welcoming. Those who are new to Ketchikan are amazed at how easy it is to get involved in the community, and in all the help they find getting settled
- It’s the “Salmon Capital of the World.” Huge runs of salmon migrate from the ocean in to the local waters. Come experience world class fishing and catch a 30lb King Salmon during lunch!
- Cuisine: Not only is the salmon fresh, restaurants serve up some of the best halibut, crab, shrimp, oysters and clams- all of which are locally sourced
- Excellent schools. The city offers educational alternatives with two charter schools and an alternative high school. The island also has a University of Alaska Southeast campus
- Great access to the lower 48! Just a 90 minute flight from Seattle, with many direct flights daily
*To be considered, candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience. Preferred candidates will have an interest in general orthopedics, sports medicine, hands, shoulders, etc.
- Work with another Orthopedic Surgeon, PA, and strong medical support staff
- Compensation up to the MGMA 90%. Loan Forgiveness up to $150,000
- Average of 250 surgeries and 75 total joints per year as a team
- Employed anesthesia team
- 1:3 first call and 1:2 back up call. Call volume is very quiet
- System-wide EPIC
- Volunteer opportunities to serve medical missions in El Salvador
Posted September 17, 2020