Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Uganda – Mbarara University of Science and Technology
Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST)
Health Volunteers Overseas
Inpatient and outpatient
- Volunteers improve the quality of care offered through the internal medicine department by educating clinician-educators on a variety of topics through rounds, lectures and clinical instruction. Volunteers are assigned to either the Immune Suppression (AIDS) Clinic or the medical wards.
- Assignment: 1 month
- Teaching Topics: Internal medicine – all topics
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: Final year residents accepted if paired with an appropriate preceptor.
- Qualifications: Board eligible/certified in internal medicine; clinical teaching experience and/or several years of clinical practice preferred
- Activities: Case presentations, clinical training, continuing education, didactic instruction, faculty/staff training, formal lecturing, grand rounds, mentoring
- Housing: Housing provided for a reasonable fee.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; suitable for children
Posted December 17, 2019