Outpatient Primary Care Physician WellMed Medical Group
A partner of the OptumCare network, WellMed Medical Group (WMG) is seeking an internal medicine or family medicine physician to join our team in Houston, TX. We are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Start doing your life’s best work with the largest care delivery organization in the world.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of health care providers
- Our model is designed to provide the most efficient, comprehensive and proven care techniques to treat the whole patient-physically, mentally, and socially-at each visit
- “Quality vs. Quantity Model”
- Patient panel is predominately geriatrics with Medicare Advantage coverage
- Incentives heavily weighted towards quality metrics
- Provider retention rate over 96%
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Board certification or eligibility in Family or Internal Medicine
- Active, unrestricted medical license in Texas
- Valid DEA license
- Bilingual (English/Spanish fluency
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- A working understanding and support of a managed care environment
Posted January 27, 2022