Ortho Chair Opportunity with Penn State
Inpatient and outpatient
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and PennState College of Medicine opening for the Chair of the Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
If you are an inclusive leader with a collaborative leadership style that promotes partnerships, we encourage you to consider this position.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of strategy and policies; you will plan, lead, organize and direct the clinical, educational, research, community, and business affairs of the department
- Represent the department with the medical center, the university, and other external constituents, collaborators, and customers.
- You will be expected to undertake new opportunities as needed to maintain and strengthen existing activities and, in coordination with institutional goals, to develop new efforts, including:
- Enhancing the success of clinical operations and community/regional outreach
- Continuing to develop the quality and scope of educational programs
- Deepening the research enterprise
- Recruiting, developing, and leading a high-functioning team
Penn State Health is a growing tertiary care health system with a level I trauma center and provides team physician coverage to three professional sports teams, three universities\colleges and seven local high schools.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Posted October 7, 2020