Chief of Infectious Disease Opportunity with Louisiana State University
The Department of Medicine at Louisiana State University Health Science Center - Shreveport is seeking an outstanding physician-leader to serve as the Head of the Division of Infectious Disease. This individual, appointed at the Associate or Full Professor level, will lead the clinical, educational, research and other programmatic missions of the division within the Department of Medicine and will be responsible for the fiscal management of the Division.
- Have an MD, MD/PhD, DO, or international equivalent terminal degree
- Be eligible for medical licensure and clinical practice in the state of Louisiana
- Have a proven record of administrative and academic leadership abilities, as well as a demonstrated commitment to education and mentoring
- Be eligible for faculty appointment at LSUHSC-Shreveport as an Associate Professor or above, per SOM standards.
- A strong record of scholarly achievement and extramural funding
- Demonstrated leadership and accomplishments in complex organizational environments
- Excellent communication skills to interface with learners, faculty, healthcare teams, administrators, community organizations and donors
- We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community and will work toward building an equitable and diverse scholarly environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Program building
- Career development
- Financial management
- Accomplishment in basic, clinical, health services, translational or educational research
- Building relationships with donors and community leaders
- Development of performance metrics for faculty
- A demonstrated commitment to education and mentorship of medical and graduate students, residents and fellows
Posted June 9, 2021