Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Rwanda – Housing Provided
University of Rwanda/College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS)
Health Volunteers Overseas
Inpatient and outpatient
- HVO volunteers will assist in the implementation of CMHS’s Bachelor’s of Nurse Anesthesia program and to provide clinical and didactic instruction to the school’s nurse anesthesia students. In addition, volunteers will provide continuing education to practicing nurse anesthetists to supplement the on-the-job training these nurses receive. Volunteers may also assist with master’s training and short professional development courses.
- Assignment: 2-4 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Anesthesia – all topics
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: Final year residents accepted.
- Qualifications: MD – current license required; at least 2-3 years experience required
- Activities: Clinical training, continuing education, didactic instruction, education material development, faculty/staff training, mentoring
- Housing: Housing is provided.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; suitable for children
Posted December 17, 2019