Division Chief PEM - New York
Near New York, NY
On behalf of Dr. Carolyn Milana, Chair, Department of Pediatrics at Stony Brook Children’s, CareerPhysician, LLC, a leader in academic pediatric leadership recruitment, has initiated a national search to identify a transformational leader to appoint as the new Chief of Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
- The new Chief will align and report directly to the Chair of Pediatrics and will play an integral role in the planning and expansion of a new emergency medicine department, identifying opportunities to increase clinical volumes, work with divisional resources to initiate a PEM fellowship program, and create a framework for more robust scholarly activity, including research.
- The fellowship program is in the final stages of ACGME approval, and much of the early legwork is complete. The new Chief will be tasked with identifying a Fellowship Director to mentor and launch the program, which is expected to offer one fellowship position per year.
- The joining leader will step into an established, collaborative team of 7 PEM fellowship trained physicians, 3 general pediatricians, 2 experienced PEM nurse practitioners, treating approximately 22,000 patients annually with full sub-specialty support, including 24/7 NICU and PICU coverage. Additionally, the division is supported by a child abuse physician and SANE nurse.
- We believe this to be one of the top leadership opportunities in Pediatric Emergency Medicine based on the immediate opportunity to play a critical role in the expansion of the new department, the strength of current faculty, launch a fellowship program and the fiscal commitment from departmental and hospital leadership to grow research programs and resources.
- The institution is willing to support seasoned leaders or individuals seeking their initial Chief role with mentorship, coaching, and the fiscal resources necessary to recruit strong faculty and build respected clinical and research programs.
Posted July 7, 2021