Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Vietnam – National Cancer Hospital (NCH)
National Cancer Hospital (NCH)
Health Volunteers Overseas
- HVO volunteers will work with NCH personnel to increase knowledge and skills in medical, surgical and radiation oncology, as well as increase the capacity of NCH oncologists to design, conduct and publish research. The project will recruit volunteers to serve in six multi-disciplinary teams of 2-4 people covering topics specified by NCH; volunteers may also serve individual assignments to augment and expand the training offered by volunteer teams.
- Assignment: 2 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Oncology – medical, surgical, radiation oncology and research of particular interest
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: No.
- Qualifications: Board eligible/certified (active or retired) medical, surgical or radiation oncologists. Pathologists, plastic surgeons, colorectal surgeons, thoracic surgeons and individuals (MD or PhD) with experience in study design, data analysis and statistical methods also needed.
- Activities: Case presentations, clinical training, continuing education, didactic training, faculty/staff training, formal lecturing, mentoring, research advising
- Housing: Volunteers are responsible for housing.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; suitable for children
Posted December 17, 2019