The Medicus Firm Academic Search
Chief of Pediatric Pulmonology
Chief of Pediatric Pulmonology
University of New Mexico School of Medicine, in partnership with The Medicus Firm Executive Search, is conducting a national search for a highly collaborative physician leader to serve as Chief of Pediatric Pulmonology. This role offers an exciting opportunity for candidates with strong leadership and pediatric pulmonology expertise and the vision and energy to lead an established pediatric pulmonary division.
The University of New Mexico School of Medicine is a major part of the health care infrastructure for the state of New Mexico, with programs in 141 communities. Providers deliver comprehensive health services to New Mexico, serving the entire state as the referral center for Level 1 trauma and specialty pediatric medical and surgical services.
UNM Children’s Hospital is New Mexico’s only full-service children’s hospital. Pediatric experts deliver high-quality, compassionate care in over 40 pediatric specialties, and the state’s largest Pediatric ICU, Neonatal ICU, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation accredited center, and Pediatric Emergency Room.
The Chief of Pulmonology will join and lead a division of fellowship trained pulmonologist who are supported by dedicated advanced practitioners, respiratory therapists, and nursing staff. The ideal candidate will support the development of clinical care pathways, keeping in trend with changing literature, and do so in a collaborative manner with subspecialists.
- State’s only Cystic Fibrosis Center recently underwent site visit and secured additional funding to start new initiatives and new funding for PharmD support.
- Mission driven program with statewide outreach clinics.
- Centralized Office of Research for Pediatrics offering a full spectrum of support services. Active clinical trials in asthma, cystic fibrosis, and other pulmonary conditions
The new Chief of Pulmonology will have a strong record of clinical and academic leadership in pediatric pulmonology. As an academic leader, the new Chief will lead the division in successful resident training, evaluation of learners as well as mentoring and sponsoring pediatric residents interested in a career in pulmonology. Basic responsibilities will include maintaining a clinical practice in pediatric pulmonology, providing mentorship to faculty, and nurturing the existing collaborative and inclusive work culture.
- Able to obtain state licensure(s) in the state of New Mexico
- BC in Pediatric Pulmonary
- Experience in Medical Leadership
- Five years clinical experience
- Bronchoscopy experience
- Experience with state-wide outreach programs
- Evidence for leadership roles in academic medicine
- Experience mentoring of junior faculty
- Experience in graduate and undergraduate medical education
- Experience with research
- Experience with Quality Improvement
- Experience at an accredited Cystic Fibrosis Center
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
Reference: PDP 23395
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Parks
Access to Restaurants
Median Home Value
Posted February 26, 2024