Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Ghana – Housing Provided
Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital
Health Volunteers Overseas
- The goals of this project are to assist the faculty to increase the number and quality of trained orthopaedic, trauma, and plastic surgeons in Ghana; to assist in the acquisition of teaching/training materials; and to develop a sustainable training program that will produce both practicing surgeons and orthopaedic/plastics faculty. The initial focus of the program is on trauma and pediatrics with other specialties being explored.
- Assignment: 2-4 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Orthopaedics – trauma and pediatric orthopaedics
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: Final year residents accepted if paired with an appropriate preceptor.
- Qualifications: Board eligible/certified; current license to practice (active or retired); sub-specialty training
- Activities: Clinical training, continuing education, curriculum development, didactic instruction, education material development, faculty/staff training, formal lecturing, grand rounds, mentoring
- Housing: Housing is provided.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; not suitable for children
Posted March 15, 2021