Guthrie Medical Group
Guthrie Clinic Seeks a Pain Medicine System Chief
Near Cortland, NY
Highlights of the Position
- MD/DO along with Board Certification, five years or more experience preferred.
- Northern Region role overseeing the development of a multidisciplinary pain program.
- Proven track record of academic accomplishments and professional service necessary to ensure the continuation and enhancement of Pain Management service at Guthrie.
- Must be willing to recruit, build, develop, and mentor staff.
- 0.4 FTE administration/0.6 FTE clinical (interventional pain preferred)
- Administrative responsibilities will require travel throughout the service area.
- Minimal calls, primarily telephone calls when needed.
- Established practice in the region with the ability to grow the program substantially.
- Opportunity to collaborate with well-established Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Physical Therapy, and Physiatry providers.
- Expansion due to volume and opportunity to establish a multi-disciplinary comprehensive pain program for the Guthrie system.
- Procedures will be done at Guthrie Cortland Medical Center.
- Interventional aspects of pain management include fluoroscopic guided epidural steroid injections, facet injections, medial branch nerve blocks, and radiofrequency ablations.
- Intrathecal infusion pump and spinal cord stimulator implantation experience are preferred.
- A typical day will include seeing patients in the office, procedures in the surgical suite, or administrative time for the development of a multi-disciplinary comprehensive pain program for the Guthrie system.
- Support Staff: In the Pain Mgmt. Clinic: LPNs, Medical Office Assistants, and Point-of-Service staff
- Collaborate with Advanced Practice Providers
For procedures suites: Conscious sedation qualified RNs and a Rad. Tech
- Special Equipment:
- Fluoroscopy C arm in the procedure suite
- Access to ultrasonic guides for peripheral nerve blocks
- Radiofrequency ablation machine and cryo-ablation machine
- Access to the Operating Room for spinal cord and infusion implants
- Clinical Trials/Research: Opportunities available for clinical trials or clinical research.
- SRNAs (Student Registered Nurse Anesthetists) may sometimes rotate through the Pain Clinic procedure rooms. Family Medicine residents may also rotate briefly to observe and learn.
About Guthrie Medical Group
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedic Surgery and Pharmacy Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary Critical Care and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high-quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated healthcare delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has always remained strong.
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Parks
Access to Restaurants
Cost of Living
Median Home Value
Posted January 29, 2024