Child Neurology Opportunity - Texas
Cook Children's Medical Center
Inpatient and outpatient
This position is part of a strategic relationship between Cook Children's Health Care System (CCHCS) located in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas and Covenant Children’s Hospital in Lubbock. The candidate will be responsible for outpatient neurology care and inpatient consultations at Covenant Children’s Hospital. Sub-specialty clinics for epilepsy and movement disorders will be provided monthly by staff from the main campus with telemedicine consultations available for additional neurological sub-specialty care as required. Call responsibilities will be shared by Cook Children’s neurologists serving West Texas with additional call support from main campus faculty.
Key Programmatic Highlights:
- Joining a specialized regional group of 18-Child Neurologists, 8-Nurse Practitioners, 4-Pediatric Neurosurgeons, 1 Physiatrist and 3-Neuropsychologists
- Sub-specialty support from Cook Children’s Justin Neurosciences Center with nationally ranked programs in Epilepsy, DBS, Movement Disorders and Headache
- Access for your patients to a 10-bed epilepsy monitoring unit and active epilepsy surgery program (average 40 surgeries/yr) with available technologies including 3T and intraoperative-MRI, Magnetoencephalography, PET, SPECT, fMRI, TMS, and HD-EEG on the main campus.
- Ability to follow your patient with access to a 26-bed state-of-the-art Neuro-Rehabilitation unit located at main campus in Fort Worth.
- If appropriate with interests and training, ability over time to design and establish an epilepsy monitoring unit at Covenant Children’s Hospital.
- Weekend and evening call coverage limited to 1 in 4 weekends and evenings.
- Interested candidates will have faculty appointment and teaching opportunities with Texas Tech University providing instruction for medical students and neurology residents.
- Base salary at the 80th percentile.
- WRVU productivity-based incentive program.
- Signing Bonus for qualified candidates.
About CareerPhysician, LLC
CareerPhysician is a nationally respected executive search and leadership consulting firm with over 20 years of unprecedented success collaborating with children’s hospitals, academic medical centers and colleges of medicine. CareerPhysician has seen first-hand the indelible impact transformational physician and C-suite leaders can have on establishing productive cultures characterized by diversity, quality and wellness and yielding high-functioning teams capable of delivering strong fiscal performance and academic achievement.
Posted September 15, 2020