Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Uganda – Mulago Hospital of Makerere University
Mulago Hospital of Makerere University
Health Volunteers Overseas
- This project aims to improve the knowledge and skills of the Ob-Gyn faculty, clinicians and trainees at Makerere University and Mulago Hospital. HVO volunteers at this project site coordinate with the university to provide two evidence-based CME lectures and one simulation session per week to the clinicians. Volunteers may also participate in clinic rounds and collaborate with clinicians and faculty on obstetrics, acute gynecology, REI or urogynecology.
- Assignment: 1 week minimum
- Teaching Topics: Obstetrics & gynecology – all topics; obstetrics, acute gynecology, REI or urogynecology of particular interest
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: Final year residents accepted if accompanied by a faculty member.
- Qualifications: Board-certified obstetricians/gynecologists with current license. Academic and teaching experience is helpful.
- Activities: Clinical training, continuing education, didactic instruction, faculty/staff training, mentoring
- Housing: Housing provided for a reasonable fee.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; suitable for children
Posted May 27, 2021