Pediatric Rheumatology | Clinical Care & Research
The Department of Pediatrics and the University of Arizona Arthritis Center College of Medicine has an immediate opening for a Pediatric Rheumatologist. The candidate hired will provide clinical care to children with rheumatologic, autoimmune & autoinflammatory disorders, as well as participate in basic science research. We offer established development & mentoring programs designed to help faculty succeed as Clinician Educators. Start-up funds are available to support research & participation in the CARRA network. We have the flexibility to consider applicants with a broad range of academic career goals & rank will be dependent on qualifications.
- Position is affiliated with The University of Arizona Medical Center, Diamond Children's Medical Center, & Banner University Medical Group. Diamond Children's Medical Center is located in the heart of Tucson
- 1625 N Campbell Ave Tucson, AZ 85719
Position Details & Qualifications
- Must be BE/BC in General Pediatrics & Pediatric Rheumatology
- 1.0 FTE
- 50% clinical || 50% research
- 2 full days in clinic, 1 half day session for administrative work, & 2.5 days research
- Call: Unrestricted, shared with adult Rheumatology team. Possibility to provide cross-coverage call for Hospitalist team
- The department is seeking an individual who is able to work with diverse students, trainees and colleagues, & who has experience with a variety of teaching methods and curricular perspectives.
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this merger is academic medicine – research, teaching and patient care.
Posted January 5, 2022