Tax Information Reporting Manager-PS33801
Inpatient and outpatient
Anthem is looking for a Tax Manager - Tax Information Reporting to join its tax department in Indianapolis, Indiana. We are seeking a resourceful individual who has the requisite technical knowledge and experience in overall tax information compliance; can ensure production of accurate, reconciled data; and can manage and efficiently utilize our processes that are designed to accurately and timely comply with the Company’s tax information reporting obligations for various business products. The ideal candidate must be a quick learner, a creative problem-solver, and a collaborative team member.
- Technical tax research and advising internal business associates with respect to all areas of tax information reporting, including but not limited to, IRC Sections 6041, 6050W, 6055, 6056, 1441 and 3406;
- Filing FATCA forms and providing internal advice and counsel on any FATCA matters.
- Manage and review annual information reporting compliance data gathering, file preparations and uploads to ensure timely distribution of forms, including but not limited to Forms 1099-R, 1099-LTC, 1099-INT, 1099-MISC, 1042-S, 5498, 592-B, and any other State tax withholding information returns required by various State Tax Authorities;
- Ensure timely annual information reporting compliance filings, including but not limited to Forms 945, 1042 and 8966;
- Provide support and assistance in issuance of Form 1095;
- Ensure timely remittance of withholding deposits to Federal and State tax authorities pursuant to applicable rules and guidelines;
- BS/BA in Finance or Accounting;
- Minimum 7 years of experience directly in tax informational reporting or combination of educational credentials and experience;
- CPA Preferred;
- Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry’s customary tax information process and procedures is a plus;
- Solid understanding of U.S. tax rules and associated exposures reporting;
Posted April 29, 2020