Lung Transplant Pulmonologist- Henry Ford Transplant Institute
Due to growth and high patient demand, the Henry Ford Health System's Division of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine is seeking a highly skilled Lung Transplant Pulmonologist to join the Division and partner with Henry Ford's Transplant Institute. The Henry Ford Transplant Institute has a rich history as a national leader in transplant care. For nearly 50 years, our transplant teams have helped forge new innovations in transplant procedures and treatments that mean better results for patients.
- The individual will work with 4 other transplant pulmonologists with the follow duties:
- Evaluate individuals with end stage lung disease to determine eligibility for transplant
- Manage wait listed individuals
- Round on the inpatient transplant service following fresh transplants and individuals after transplant as the primary staff physician
- Participate in weekly selection meetings
- Perform bronchoscopy both surveillance biopsies and airway exams on transplant patients
- Participate in morbidity and mortality conferences and quality meetings on a quarterly basis
- Mentor our pulmonary fellows as they rotate though the transplant service
- Supervise 5 midlevel practitioners and 5 coordinators in the care of transplant patients.
The individual will spend a minimum of 6 months on the transplant service and will have the opportunity to rotate through other areas pulmonary critical medicine depending on the individual background and interest of the candidate. During the transplant rotations 2 staff will round on the inpatient service and one staff will be assigned to the clinic. Weekend coverage of the transplant service will be divided between the 5 staff physicians with transplant call being one in 5 weeks.
Eligible candidates need to be board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care Medicine.
Posted December 6, 2019