Nurse Practitioner, Long Term Care
$2500 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates/Must have flexibility to work between 24-80 hours a month including weekdays/nights/weekends.
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We're also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
In this role, you will provide primary care to patients in long term care or community settings. You will be responsible for the delivery of medical care services to a pre – designated group of enrollees.
- Deliver cost – effective, quality care to assigned members
- Manage both medical and behavioral chronic and acute conditions effectively in collaboration with a physician or specialty provider
- Perform comprehensive assessments and document findings in a concise / comprehensive manner that is compliant with documentation requirements and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations
- The NP is responsible for ensuring that all diagnoses are ICD9 / ICD10 coded accurately and documented appropriately to support the diagnosis at that visit
- The NP is responsible for ensuring that all quality elements are addressed and documented
- The NP will do an initial medication review, annual medication review and a post-hospitalization medication reconciliation
- Facilitate agreement and implementation of the member's plan of care by engaging the facility staff, families/responsible parties, primary and specialty care physicians
- Evaluate the effectiveness, necessity and efficiency of the plan, making revisions as needed
- Utilizes practice guidelines and protocols established by CPM
- May be required to participate in on – call program
- Travel between care sites mandatory
- After hour on call coverage may be required
Posted June 2, 2021