Pediatric & Perinatal Pathologist Opening with Phoenix Children's Hospital | Top Ranking Children's Hospital
Phoenix Children's Hospital
Phoenix Children's Hospital
Phoenix Children’s Hospital is seeking a Pediatric and Perinatal Pathologist to join the professional staff of the Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
- Have a well-rounded experience in pediatric surgical pathology and autopsy pathology, with a special interest in placental, fetal, and neonatal pathology.
- Additional expertise in cardiac pathology is desirable, but not required.
- Motivation to build a Perinatal Pathology service, including developing strong working relationships with our growing Phoenix Children’s Neonatology division, Fetal Cardiology team, Fetal Diagnostic Imaging specialists, and our Fetal Care Network.
- Cultivate partnerships with obstetric and maternofetal medicine groups in the community, including our neighboring adult hospitals in the Dignity Health system.
- BC/BE in Pediatric Pathology.
- Active involvement in resident, fellow, and medical student teaching through affiliated programs is expected.
- Academic appointments are strongly encouraged through our relationships with the University of Arizona-Phoenix College of Medicine, Creighton University School of Medicine, and Mayo Clinic School of Medicine.
- The ideal candidate will be an accomplished Perinatal Pathologist with excellence in diagnostic skills, teaching ability, and a record of scholarship.
- Leadership opportunities in Anatomic Pathology or Biorepository are available for the right candidate.
Phoenix Children’s is a teaching hospital, leading the way for the next generation of pediatric providers through residency programs and fellowships, and is actively involved in clinical research.
Phoenix Children’s is Arizona’s only children’s hospital recognized by US News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals, ranking in all 10 specialties in 2019-2020. Phoenix Children’s also consistently ranks on Becker’s Hospital Review list of the 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.
About Phoenix Children's Hospital
Phoenix Children’s is Arizona’s premier hospital for family-centered, pediatric care for patients with complex medical needs. We’re proud of the broad and deep experience our expert team of physicians and staff brings across more than 75 pediatric subspecialties — experience you won’t find anyplace else in Arizona. With a medical staff of nearly 1,000 specialists, Phoenix Children’s is one of the largest pediatric healthcare systems in the country, and the most comprehensive children's care facility in the state. We provide inpatient, outpatient, trauma and emergency care. Phoenix Children’s is thrilled to once again be named a “Best Children’s Hospital” by U.S. News & World Report. Recognition on the 2018–2019 list marks the 8th year Phoenix Children’s has earned this prestigious ranking. We are the only pediatric hospital in Arizona to make this list, and each year it's an honor to have the hard work of our staff and stakeholders recognized. Each of the following Phoenix Children’s departments earned recognition among the top 50 pediatric facilities in the country. -Cancer, #20, represented by Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Phoenix Children's-Cardiology and Heart Surgery, #9, represented by Phoenix Children’s Heart Center-Diabetes and Endocrinology, #35-Gastroenterology and GI Surgery, #26-Neonatology, #34-Nephrology, #23-Neurology and Neurosurgery, #28, represented by Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s-Orthopedics, #24-Pulmonology, #39-Urology, #28
Posted May 19, 2021