Doctors without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Urgently Hiring Pediatric Surgeons/Anesthesiologists
Inpatient and outpatient
DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS - URGENT FIELD NEED: Anesthesiologists
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) anesthesia providers often work in conflict settings to provide care to communities without access to functioning health care systems. Surgical cases include: general, trauma, obstetrics, orthopedic, pediatrics, burn and reconstruction, working with all ages.
Basic diagnostic equipment and facilities needed to run an operating room will be limited: there may not even be an X-ray machine. Responsibilities include providing anesthesia, pain management, teaching and supervising of local staff, reporting, and at times assisting the ICU.
MSF asks anesthesiologists to depart on very short notice to meet the needs of emergencies that require their skills. Because of the emergency nature of the missions, MSF offers anesthesiologists the option of shorter-than-usual assignments (6 to 8 weeks or more).
- Compliance with Essential Requirements for all potential candidates
- Minimum commitment to work in the field for 6 to 8 weeks (for first assignment)
- Licensed anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist
- Relevant field experience in a developing country or humanitarian context
- Minimum of two years relevant professional experience post training
- At least 6 months of practical experience within the last two years
- Experience in pediatrics, obstetrics, and trauma anesthesia
- French or Arabic language (B2 or above)
- Availability to leave on short notice for field assignments
- Medical experience in pre- and post-operative care, pain management, and/or in intensive/critical care
- Pediatric specialty
How can I apply
- US residents only - send CV, completed skills checklist (below) and copy of valid medical license to: email@example.com
Posted October 9, 2019