Independent Physician Assistant, Urgent Care Specialist
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- All medically related functions performed by a physician assistant are to be performed under the supervision of a properly licensed physician.
- Responsible for the exceptional treatment and communication of care options to every MedExpress patient.
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of the latest changes, updates, and literature relating to medical care.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of medical charts.
- After consultation with the AP Program Medical Director, oversees patient issues and concerns which may include but are not limited to patient medical care.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including assessments, physical examinations, evaluations, diagnoses and treatment. Works in collaboration with designated Physician(s).
- Orders diagnostic tests, including but not limited to: x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests and with direct medical oversight, interprets the test results for deviation from normal.
- Performs procedures, including but not limited to: I&D, splinting, suturing, managing infection, and wound care.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care. May be required to supervise ancillary staff.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions and refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care options as appropriate.
- Communicates with patients regarding test results and appropriate clinical information as care necessitates.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens.
Posted May 28, 2020