Family Medicine with OB Physician/Faculty
Fort Worth, TX
JPS Health Network
Acclaim Physician Group, Inc.
Acclaim Physician Group, a partner with JPS Health Network is seeking a Family Medicine physician with OB fellowship training to join our fantastic Maternal-Child Health team within the Department of Family Medicine and the John Peter Smith Family Medicine Residency.
Our team focuses on…
- Pregnancy, birth, and postpartum care for mom and baby
- Prenatal ultrasounds done by your physician
- Complete gynecological (female reproductive) care
- Pediatric care to children from birth through age 21
- Primary care services, such as annual physicals, screening tests, and vaccinations
The Family Medicine residency also offers an optional fourth year of training specifically in Maternal-Child Health. This physician would be a core faculty member in the family medicine Maternal Child Health Track, which trains family medicine residents who complete an extra, 4th year of training in ultrasound, surgical delivery, and care of women with complex medical comorbidities in pregnancy. The physician would also have the opportunity to maintain their own family medicine continuity clinic as well as teach residents in the ambulatory and inpatient hospital setting.
- Full time, Monday through Friday.
- Weekend call (OB and Newborn nursery) is approximately every 1 in 7 weekends.
- Labor and delivery call (24 hours, in house during the day and overnight for active labors) supervising Maternal Child health residents
- Weekend work and overnight call comes with compensated time off.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree from an approved college of Medicine/Osteopathy.
- Board Eligible/Certified physician in Family Medicine
- Have or be eligible for Texas Medical License.
- OB fellowship training or equivalent including the ability to obtain cesarean delivery privileges
- Experience with OB sonography preferred
- Experience in an academic or teaching setting preferred but not required
About Acclaim Physician Group, Inc.
Acclaim is a multispecialty medical practice group comprised of over 350 providers serving Tarrant County's JPS Health Network in specialties ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. Our goal is to provide high quality, compassionate care for every patient, every time.
As the county hospital system, JPS has been serving the residents of Tarrant County for over 100 years. In addition to providing great care, JPS is also an urban teaching hospital with a long history of training physicians and medical students. JPS offers 18 residency and fellowship programs. With 72 resident slots, the JPS Family Medicine residency is the largest in the country.
The hospital is located in the heart of The Magnolia Village and Medical District of Fort Worth, the 17th-largest city in the U.S. and one of “America’s Most Livable Communities.” We have a thriving center of culture, commerce, the Historic Stockyards, remarkable museums, a vibrant and clean downtown area, Botanical Gardens and great annual events!
Posted May 5, 2021