Academic Institution Seeks an Experienced CT Surgeon
Cardiothoracic Surgeon Board Certified
The Department of Surgery at the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Group are actively seeking an experienced Cardiothoracic Surgeon to join its established team of surgeons and advanced practice providers. This is an excellent opportunity for a physician with proven clinical skills and demonstrated academic experience to join a fully-staffed, fully supported team on the campus at Banner University Medical Center in Tucson (BUMC-T) as a Clinical Faculty member.
This position requires experience in thoracic transplantation as well as broad-based general cardiac surgery including coronary artery bypass, valve disease, adult congenital and thoracic aorta.
- Board Certified in Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor
- 5+ years’ experience
- AZ license or ability to obtain by employment date
- Experience with lung and heart transplantation
- Participation in STS database
- Participation in fellowship program
- Practice consists of 5 other Physicians and 9 APPs
- All aspects of adult cardiac surgery
- Approximately one week of call per month
- Collaboration with heart failure team, structural heart, and cardiology
- Research opportunities available
Tucson is a bustling, vibrant community nestled in the blooming Sonoran Desert. Vibrant culture, entertainment, and a thriving food scene minutes away with a booming housing market and attractive cost of living to live, work, and play!
- 350 Days of Year-Round Sunshine!
- The Outdoors Await! Golf, hiking, cycling, horseback riding, swimming, tanning and nearby winter skiing.
- A Unique Historical Heritage: Immerse in our city's history via art galleries, museums, architectural presidios and missions!
- Tantalizing Culinary Adventures: Explore vibrant palettes in one of the top gastronomy cities and fresh fusions on traditional food.
- K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Moderate cost of living
Posted June 1, 2021