Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Vietnam – Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy
Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy
Health Volunteers Overseas
Inpatient and outpatient
- HVO volunteers provide clinical and didactic training and support the academic advancement of nurse anesthesia students and level 1 anesthesia residents. In addition, volunteers collaborate with the anesthesia department to deliver lectures, workshops and other educational activities to all HUMP anesthesia faculty, staff and students. There is also the opportunity for volunteers to assist in the planning and execution of one to two Saturday continuing education courses per year to anesthesia residents and anesthesiologists from HUMP and the district hospitals. Volunteers may also assist in the planning and execution of similar courses at a level appropriate for nurse anesthetists.
- Assignment: 2-4 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Anesthesia – all topics
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: Final year residents accepted.
- Qualifications: MD – current license required and at least two years experience required
- Activities: Clinical training, continuing education, curriculum development, didactic instruction, education material development, faculty/staff training, mentoring
- Housing: Volunteer responsible for housing; information on nearby facilities provided.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; suitable for children
Posted March 25, 2020