System Section Chief, Adult Ecmo- Join us in our journey to become one of the leading health systems in the nation
Falls Church, VA
Inova Fairfax Hospital
Inova Medical Group
We are looking for a System Section Chief of Adult ECMO who wants to join a collaborative team dedicated to quality outcomes, teaching and research.
Recognized in 2019 by U.S. News & World Report which named Inova Fairfax Hospital the #1 hospital in the Washington, DC region. Four of Inova’s five hospitals hold five-star rankings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Inova Heart and Vascular Institute is one of only 13 centers to hold the designation as a center for pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis and lung transplant center. The Advanced heart failure program has rapidly grown with 30 cardiac transplants and 13 VADs in 2019. The Inova health system conducted 5,962 cardiac catheterizations in 2019. The cardiothoracic surgery program is a three star rated program in CABG and Aortic Valve with CABG. The ECMO program has grown to average 110 cases per year, with recent designation of gold center of excellence. The prospective candidate will join a collaborative team of more than 40 specialized intensivists in the Medical Critical Care Service at Inova Health System
Experience and Requirements:
- Experience in fellowship training or as an attending with critically ill cardiac and cardiovascular patients is required.
- Candidates will be expected to be proficient with standard intensive care procedures (central lines, S-G catheter placement etc.).
- Responsibilities will include managing patients after cardiovascular surgery and advanced cardiopulmonary mechanical support with a team of PAs/NPs, residents and fellows, and include day, evening and weekend shifts.
- Candidates should be Board Certified in Critical Care Medicine.
- Able to obtain a VA Medical License
About Inova Medical Group
Inova Medical Group is a team of talented and experienced physicians employed by Inova, providing world-class healthcare for the Northern Virginia and greater Washington, DC metro area.
More than 400 physicians – experts in primary care medicine and adult specialties – are located throughout the region. Our physicians work together with Inova's extensive network of hospitals and outpatient facilities.
Posted October 7, 2021