Neurohospitalist Position Available at Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center in IL
Carle Foundation Hospital
Carle Health is seeking a BE/BC Neurohospitalist to join our established Neurology practice in Urbana, Illinois. Fellowship training in Vascular Neurology is preferred.
Practice opportunity details include:
- A primarily inpatient consultative service.
- Neurohospitalist consultative service provided in person on campus and remotely to affiliated hospital network that does not have Neurology inpatient services.
- 24-hours on-call, 7 days on, 7 days off.
- Business hours and weekend coverage provided on campus by the on-call Neurohospitalist and 1-2 advanced practice providers.
- Supported by 50 General Hospitalists and multiple specialty providers including Cardiology, Vascular surgeons, Neurosurgeons, Neuroradiologists, Neurointerventionists, and Neurocritical care.
- Supported by a dedicated Epilepsy Service, which independently staffs an EMU and patients with seizures and epilepsy.
- Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center by DNV GL HealthCare.
- Opportunities available for academic and/or research affiliation with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine. Carle Illinois College of Medicine is the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering
About the Carle Neuroscience Institute
- As a Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center from DNV GL Healthcare, CNI provides comprehensive services including Vascular Neurology, Neurosurgery, Neuroradiology, and Neurointerventional services
- Carle Foundation Hospital is accredited as a Level 3 Epilepsy Center by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC) and is the recipient of the 2020 AHA/ASA Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus quality achievement award and Target: Stroke Honor Roll
- Recognized as One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care™ in 2021
- Recipient of Healthgrades Neurosciences Excellence Award™ for 3 years in a row (2019-2021)
- Named among the Top 10% in the nation for Neurosciences by Healthgrades for 3 years in a row (2019-2021)
Posted May 13, 2021