Medical Director - 4 Hours per Week
Fort Collins, CO
4 Hours of Medical Director Coverage Needed per Week!
We have an opportunity for a Medical Director to provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for patients in a correctional setting at the Larimer County Jail.
Great Opportunity to Grow with Armor Correctional Health Services, Inc. in Fort Collins, CO!
A Day in the Life:
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Maintain medical records and charts documenting all medical services rendered.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Respond to requests from Security Staff as well as Armor Staff in accordance with Armor and Facility Guidelines.
Skills Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain quality, safety and infection control standards.
- Board certified or board eligible
- Knowledge of federal, state and correctional body standards and institutional regulations and guidelines for the provision of medical services.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- State license in CO as an M.D. or D.O.
- DEA license
- Current CPR certification
- Other relevant professional experiences or educational backgrounds will be considered as deemed appropriate.
Posted March 15, 2021