Nutrition Specialist Opening with Allegheny Health Network in 'America's Most Livable City'
Inpatient and outpatient
The Allegheny Health Network (AHN) is recruiting a full-time Physician Nutrition Specialist to join our team located in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Oversee and participate in the nutrition care of adult patients requiring hospitalization and at-home
- Manage the nutritional needs of hospitalized complex patients including critical care, transplant, vascular surgery, medical and surgical oncology, gastroenterology and select internal medicine services in a quaternary hospital
- Direct and oversee the care of patients receiving Home Parenteral and Home Enteral nutrition
- Provide consultation and management services to patients with a variety of nutritional issues in an out-patient setting
- Collaborate with other physicians and other medical personnel in the management of patients with complex gastrointestinal problems such as celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), pancreatitis and intestinal failure
- Participate, collaborate or initiate research or quality improvement projects.
- Serve as the attending physician for Fellows (GI, Endocrine, Renal) rotating thru the Nutrition Medicine rotations.
- Participate in nutrition education of fellows, residents, nurses, pharmacists, registered dietitians and medical students
- Participate in a multidisciplinary obesity evaluation and treatment program if desired
- Report to the Chief, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Experience preferred, not required
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Surgery or any of its subspecialty (Gastroenterology, Renal, Endocrinology)
- Completion of at least 1 year of Clinical Nutrition fellowship in an accredited program.
- Pennsylvania License prior to start
AHN Proudly Offers
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Generous PTO Plan
- Additional benefits include, but not limited to: EAP, Employee Discounts, and Gym Discounts
Posted December 14, 2020