Intensivist Critical Care Opportunity in a Major Metro - New Orleans, Louisiana
Inpatient and outpatient
Intensivist/Critical Care Physician
Major Metro – 400K Population
Become a part of one of the South’s Premier Health Systems (5 hospitals, 2,226 physicians) that is devoted to providing excellent patient care to all the residents of this amazing Southern vacation destination and its surrounding community.
Enjoy a true team environment working alongside 3 other physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners as they work to help transform the ICU into a "closed unit".
** Job Description:**
- The incoming physician will be joining 1 Full-Time Intensivist and 2 Pulmonary/Critical Care providers
- Hospitals' goal is to build out the Intensivist model and eventually "close" the ICU
- The schedule is a combination of 12 hours of physician coverage in the house combined, 12 hours of Nurse Practitioner coverage in the evenings
- Choice of 100% inpatient or a mix of clinical and inpatient
- Employed full-time position with a base salary
- Executive-level benefits: malpractice, medical, dental, life, long term disability, retirement, etc.
- You will be joining a Physicians Services group comprised of over 80 physicians
- A 325-bed hospital, 23-bed ICU (divided into 2 units: 13 and 10 beds)
- The average length of stay for ICU is 5 days
** Job Requirements:**
- The physician must possess an MD/DO degree
- Must be either Board Certified or TRULY Board Eligible in Pulmonary/Critical Care
- And maintain a valid and unencumbered medical license
- The position is not J1 or H1B visa eligible
It is hard to begin to describe the culture of this diverse and unique city of 400K. One common trait shared by almost everyone in this mix is a love of amazing food and incredible music. The residents here find life slows down a little so they can truly savor life. Come spend time in one of the top vacation destinations in the South!
- World-famous restaurants and entertainment around every corner
- State-of-the-art medicine, professional sports teams, major university programs
- Easy access to an international airport
Job ID: INT 12174388
Posted January 20, 2021