A hospital in California is seeking a Anatomic/Clinical Pathology Physician to provide quality patient care for a Locum Tenens assignment.
- Dates: Full time Clinic + Call
- Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM With Call
- Setting: Mix of Inpatient and Outpatient
- Call: Night Call 5:00 pm - 8:00 am and rotating weekend call coverage starting Friday 5:00 pm - Monday 8:00 am
- Volume: Varies by Day
- Patient Ages: Pediatrics
- Procedures: GI Biopsies, Tonsils, Hernia Sacs, Appendixes, Mucoceles, Ureters, Gallbladder, Foreskin, CSFs, BALs, Bone Marrow Biopsies, Peripheral Blood Smears, Pilomatricomas, Melancytic Nevi, Nevus Sebaceus, Fine Needle Aspirations, Brain Tumors, Autospies
- Cases: A typical day includes GI biopsies (range 4 to 12 cases with 3-12 parts each), several other small things (tonsils, hernia sacs, appendixes, mucoceles, ureters, gallbladders, foreskin, etc.), CSFs (2 to 10/day), BALs (0-2/day), bone marrow biopsies (usually 1 per day, range 0-5), peripheral blood smears (1-2/day), skin (usually pilomatricomas, melanocytic nevi, nevus sebaceus, etc), fine needle aspirations (mostly thyroid, usually 2-3 per month), brain tumors and pediatric solid tumors are variable (average 1-2 per week). We have around 12 autopsies per year
- Support Staff: Yes, full clinic and hospital support system
- Boards: Board Certified
- Certifications: BLS; DEA
- Area is warm year-round; Long term assignment; No supervision requirements
We take care of your malpractice insurance and pay on a WEEKLY basis.
Job ID: JN -032021-24318