Physician - Urgent Care
- The Physician will provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment. Performs therapeutic procedures such as I&D, splinting, suturing, managing infection, and wound care. Documenting/Charting patient information in line with current policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care. Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information. Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions. Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Follows established policies, procedures, objectives, and recommended referral practices. Assists the CorporateCare division of MedExpress and pathways associated therewith. Participates in facility in-services, required staff meetings, and other clinic operations procedures.
- Orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interpret test results for deviation from normal. Orientation and training of new practitioners when necessary. Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
- Supervision of Advanced Practitioners when appropriate and abide by all associated rules and regulations.*The Private Officer Practice has the complete authority with regard to medical decision making and patient care. The management service organization ("MSO") shall in no way determine or set the methods, standards or conduct of the practice of medicine or health care at or by Private Office Practice or any of the Professionals. The MSO provides consultation and recommendations through the Chief Medical Officer for the Private Office.
Posted March 4, 2021