Pediatric Diabetes & Endocrinologist - Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital is looking for a Pediatric Diabetes & Endocrinologist to to join the Specialty Care facility in Austin, TX that will serve the needs of the growing population of children who live in that area. We are looking for a strong clinical practitioner who has an entrepreneurial spirit and who would enjoy building a new specialty care model for the city through innovative approaches and establishing the very best pediatric care in Austin.
You’ll be backed by the largest free-standing pediatric hospital in the country, ranked in the top 4 by US News and World Report, as well as Baylor College of Medicine, one of the nation’s largest, most diverse, and most successful medical schools, recently ranked as the best medical school in Texas by U.S. News and World Report. While both organizations are dedicated to the triple aim of academic medicine (patient care, education, and research), this physician understands and embraces that this is a solo physician practice and “job one” is to establish a strong clinical practice in this vibrant city.
- M.D. or D.O.
- Must have or be able to obtain an unrestricted Texas medical license.
- Prefer two years of experience in Pediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Board certification in Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship required
- Focus on providing the best patient care, based on rigorous evidence-based medicine and current research
- Excitement about leveraging Texas Children’s expertise and reputation in caring for the children of Austin
- Drive to build a practice from the ground up, rather than relying upon an established infrastructure
- Ability to understand the long-term vision of care/research/education, while focusing for the first few years on practice-building
- Eagerness to be an entrepreneur, while also committed to the vision of academic medicine in the long-term (care, education and research)
Posted February 11, 2021