Nurse Practitioner Optum Serve - Veteran Compensation Exams - Remote or Travel - US
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own.
This is a Monday-Friday position. You will spend 50% of your time traveling throughout the US to work in the Mobile Unit and 50% of your time working at home. Every other week you would be traveling and you can live anywhere in the US for this position.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Evaluating and conducting exams for medical disability claims for Veterans
- Traveling on-site, within an assigned region, to fixed facility and mobile unit locations to conduct exams
- When not traveling, completing ACE and internal medical opinion only requests as required by applicable contracts
- Licensed NP
- Current and unrestricted state license
- Ability to obtain licensure based on business needs
- Experience with VA compensation and pension disability evaluations with a knowledge of VA quality and timeliness measures
- Proven basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy, as well as the ability to demonstrate organizational skills and multi-tasking
- Ability to travel 50% or more for monthly travel assignments
- Ability to work remotely when not traveling to complete ACE and IMO exams or other duties as assigned
- Certified VA Compensation and Pension Examiner
- National Career Readiness certificate
- Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs
- Military and/or veteran healthcare experience
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $88,000 to $173,200 annually. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Access to Parks
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Restaurants
Cost of Living
Median Home Value
Posted February 20, 2024