Clinical Genetics Physician needed in North Texas (Full-time)
Fort Worth, TX
Cook Children's Medical Center
Cook Children's Health Care System
Cook Children's Healthcare System has an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Geneticist to join its Department of Genetics. Cook Children’s Health Care System is one of the country’s leading free-standing integrated pediatric health care systems. Our skilled and dedicated clinicians combine the art of healing with the use of leading technology and collaboration to provide exceptional care for our patients. Cook Children’s records approximately one million patient encounters each year through its medical center, specialty and primary care offices, neighborhood clinics, outpatient settings and home health visits.
- Highly profitable health system known as a national quality leader.
- Joining a well-established Department of Genetics currently staffed by 7 clinical geneticists, 2 metabolic geneticists, 2 board-certified genetic counselors, 5 case managers, 2 metabolic dietitians, and 2 metabolic nurses.
- Broad pediatric sub-specialty platform with 35 Departments represented and 40 outpatient primary care clinics in the Cook Children's network, providing partnership opportunities for genetics program development in other specialty areas.
- Focus on the clinical care of individuals with common genetic disorders and many rare conditions. Some coverage of metabolic area desired,
- Close involvement with the Texas newborn screening program.
- Research and teaching interests can be supported, if desired.
- Weekday clinic and one week of call per month. Shared with 5 other physicians.
The successful candidate should have completed a clinical genetics fellowship. An additional fellowship in either clinical biochemical genetics or medical biochemical genetics would be considered a valuable asset. Must be able to obtain an unrestricted Texas medical license.
- Competitive salary with comprehensive health benefits
- Generous PTO and CME
- Relocation Assistance
About Cook Children's Health Care System
Cook Children’s Health Care System is one of the country’s leading vertically-integrated pediatric health care organizations. Cook Children’s represents an award-winning, not-for-profit system of seamless health care designed to fulfill our Promise; “Knowing that every child’s life is sacred, it is the Promise of Cook Children’s to improve the health of every child through the prevention and treatment of illness, disease and injury.” Based in Fort Worth, Texas, Cook Children’s primary referral region includes Collin, Denton, Hood, Johnson, Parker, Tarrant and Wise counties, and the integrated system has more than 60 primary, specialty and urgent care offices throughout Texas, and has served hundreds of international patients, as well as those from all 50 states.
The medical center has 444 pediatric beds and treats infants, children, teens and young adult patients ages 0-21 throughout Texas, as well as nationally and internationally. At nearly 1.6 million square feet, the campus serves as the main site of Cook Children’s Health Care System. This includes the medical center, Dodson specialty clinics and north and south inpatient towers. In addition to the main Fort Worth campus, other Cook Children’s locations include multiple regional specialty clinics, urgent care centers, neighborhood clinics, primary care offices, surgery centers and home health offices. In 2019, Cook Children’s expanded to provide services to families in Prosper, Texas. To date, services offered include primary care, ambulatory surgery, urgent care, specialty care, imaging and outpatient laboratory services. A medical center and retail pharmacy are scheduled to open in 2022.
We are one of the nation's premier private children's health care systems and have consistently been ranked by U.S. News and World Report within the top 50 Best Children's Hospitals. One of Cook Children’s Medical Center’s most prestigious awards is being Magnet® designated, the international gold standard of nursing excellence, four consecutive times. This makes the medical center the first free standing, pediatric hospital in North Texas, and the 10th in the world, to receive this prestigious designation.
Cook Children's Physician Network is the employed physician component of Cook Children's Health Care System, a pediatric system of care where physician leadership is fostered and physicians actively participate in the strategic goals and mission of the organization.
Posted June 15, 2021