Nurse Practitioner Opening For Our Inpatient Pulmonary Program at Phoenix Children’s
Phoenix Children's Hospital
Phoenix Children's Hospital
We are currently looking for a nurse practitioner (NP) for our inpatient pulmonary program at Phoenix Children’s. Currently, the pulmonary division consists of 7 pulmonologists and 4 NPs.
- Inpatient NP will partner with the inpatient pulmonologist and help run the inpatient service.
- Inpatient pulmonary service consists of patients with varying diagnoses, including chronic respiratory failure (Trach/vent dependent), cystic fibrosis, and asthma.
- Responsibilities include making inpatient rounds with the attending during the weekdays, seeing 8-10 patients independently, taking calls during the day, and coordinating the care.
- Inpatient attending and inpatient NP work closely, and the attending is always available to answer any questions in regard to patient care.
- Our current NPs help to take two days/week evening calls, which they share among themselves. Inpatient NP will also be part of that roster.
- We are looking for a provider who is passionate about inpatient care and has the skills to coordinate busy inpatient care actively.
- This position requires Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Dual Primary Care and Acute Care Certified. May consider Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Acute Care only.
Phoenix Children's Hospital has been recognized as a top children’s hospital by US News and World Report, and is one of the five largest children’s hospitals in the U.S. and growing. We now have more than one hundred pediatric residents. Opportunity for academic affiliations with Mayo Clinic School of Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix, and Creighton University School of Medicine. Phoenix is the 6th largest city in the U.S. with over 300 days of sunshine.
About Phoenix Children's Hospital
Phoenix Children’s is one of the Nation’s largest pediatric health systems. It comprises Phoenix Children’s Hospital–Main Campus, Phoenix Children’s Hospital–East Valley at Dignity Health Mercy Gilbert Medical Center, four pediatric specialty and urgent care centers, 11 community pediatric practices, 20 outpatient clinics, two ambulatory surgery centers and six community-service-related outpatient clinics throughout the state of Arizona. The system has provided world-class inpatient, outpatient, trauma, emergency and urgent care to children and families for more than 35 years. Phoenix Children’s Care Network includes more than 850 pediatric primary care providers and specialists who deliver care across more than 75 subspecialties.
Phoenix Children's provides world-class inpatient, outpatient, trauma, emergency and urgent care to children and families in Arizona and throughout the Southwest. As one of the largest children’s hospitals in the country, we provide care across more than 75 pediatric specialties. Every day our clinical, professional and support staff work collaboratively to deliver on our mission to provide hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families. They embrace the challenges of providing compassionate, high-quality, family-centered care to the most complex patients in the region.
Posted July 12, 2021