Rewarding Psychiatrist Opening with University Hospitals
University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center is seeking a Board Certified Inpatient Psychiatrist to join the psychiatry team at Highland Springs.
Highland Springs will transform the delivery of behavioral health services and solve the largest healthcare challenge of our generation, the lack of access to quality care for mental illness and addiction.
- Assesses clinical appropriateness for admission and collaborates with Assessment and Referral regarding potential admissions.
- Provides individual therapy, family therapy and/or medication management as needed for patients under his/her care. Appropriately requests consultation when indicated. Provides psychiatric consultation when requested.
- Leads the multidisciplinary treatment team and participates collaboratively in scheduled staffing regarding the treatment of his/her patients.
- Demonstrates appropriate medication administration and ensures that documentation regarding medications complies with facility and regulatory standards.
- Completes necessary documentation to ensure accurate reimbursement for services provided and works collaboratively with the UR Department.
- Share on-call schedule providing on-call services for patients and for responding to emergencies, admissions, and evaluations as necessary.
- Participates in performance improvement activity for the hospital
- Graduate of an accredited medical or osteopathic school doctoral program and completion of residency in psychiatry required; board certification preferred.
- Prior inpatient and/or outpatient experience in a behavioral healthcare setting practicing psychiatry and/or addiction medicine
- MD or DO
- Unrestricted, state medical license, DEA and State Controlled Substances registration
- Understands and able to apply applicable standards and regulations (e.g. The Joint Commission, CMS, etc.) in his/her daily work.
University Hospitals is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Posted May 11, 2021