Area Medical Director (Addiction Medicine)
Responsible for all medical services performed by the treatment center. Provides medical oversight and leadership to the varying clinical staff under their supervision to ensure the quality of care is provided to our patients.
- Provides and/or ensures, via physician extenders, a physical examination of all patients upon admission and/or readmission, including, without limitation, annual physical examinations and health examinations, and reviews, at patients' request, the admissions-related laboratory results. All examinations shall be performed consistent with the applicable rules and regulations for medically monitored treatment programs/facilities in the state in which the clinic operates.
- Issuance of patient medication change orders and as such verbal orders may be issued. Supervision of nursing staff regarding changes in medication dosage via verbal or written orders.
- Will be available to staff for emergency management of patient care
- Referral of patients to primary care providers for medical conditions other than narcotic addiction
- Provide training to all clinical staff under the supervision of this role. Training will include but is not limited to, chart and dosing reviews, face-to-face training with the physicians and nurses based on chart review findings, and updates on any new policy or procedures. May provide additional clinical training support to other locations as requested.
- Participates in Quarterly Board Meetings to discuss state-specific strategic plans, performance improvement plans, quality assurance plans, budgets, staffing concerns, and patient care. Provides reports as requested
- Assist the Program Directors in the physician recruitment process as well as participate in the interviewing of prospective physician candidates.
- Ensure that the program complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations relative to medical care furnished by the program
- Attends weekly treatment team meetings to discuss patient care and outcomes. Provides recommendations to the team regarding alternative care options.
- The Medical Director is the professional tasked with labeling medication bottles in the absence of the pharmacist
- Consults with the Corporate Medical Director regarding patient care-related medical concerns.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned.
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Restaurants
Cost of Living
Median Home Value
Posted January 19, 2024