Just Announced: Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship Program Director
The Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine at Banner University Medical Center is seeking a full-time physician with at least five years of experience, demonstrating clinical & scholarly expertise in Maternal-Fetal Medicine. The MFM physician will be responsible for patient care (inpatient & outpatient) & teaching medical students, residents, and fellows. Currently, the Division has six board-certified Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialists.
The incumbent will also serve as the Fellowship Program Director, for our three-year ACGME accredited clinical program. The fellowship program has three fellows, one fellow each year from a national pool of applicants. In addition, they provide IP and OP clinical services at Banner University Medical Center (BUMC-T) in Tucson, AZ. The Program Director will oversee the MFM fellowship training program by implementing ACGME & institutional policies & directing activities involving education, evaluation, recruitment, interviewing, & selection of fellows.
0.8 FTE of clinical practice will include ultrasound imaging, fetal echocardiography, consultation, management of prenatal, antepartum, & labor and delivery patients. In addition, the University of Arizona College of Medicine at Tucson has a well-developed research infrastructure to support early & mid-level investigators in their research endeavors.
- 0.2FTE Fellowship Program Director // 0.8FTE Clinical
- Activities involving education, evaluation, recruitment, interviewing & selection of fellows
- Administration and regulatory compliance of the MFM Fellowship Program
- Coverage of high-risk clinics, ultrasound, & consults
- Labor & delivery coverage as needed
- In-house call & back-up perinatal call
- Teaching & mentoring of residents, medical students, & fellows
- 5 years experience
- BC in OBGYN and MFM
- Excellence in research and teaching experience is required
Posted May 2, 2022