Atrium Health Seeking Pediatric Endocrinology Physician
Atrium Health Cabarrus
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. We invite Pediatric Endocrinologists to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds, and progressive visionaries together at our Atrium Health Levine Children’s Pediatric Endocrinology & Diabetes Specialists locations.
Atrium Health Levine Children's Pediatric Endocrinology is seeking a full-time BE/BC Pediatric Endocrinologist to join our team of six physicians and one APP. This position is based at Jeff Gordon Children’s Center in Concord, NC at the Pediatric Pavilion located on the campus of Atrium Health Cabarrus.
- This position has a primarily outpatient focus with a few inpatient consults per week.
- Satellite office coverage in nearby Huntersville, NC, is required 1-2 days per week.
- Call coverage at Jeff Gordon Children’s Center is shared with one other physician and one APP.
- Back-up call for the APP is alternated.
- Periodic inpatient coverage at Levine Children’s Hospital is an option for candidates who prefer the acute care setting.
- The physician will have teaching opportunities through the Cabarrus Family Medicine Residency Program.
- The practice is part of a highly efficient and well-run multispecialty group that allows for collaboration with other pediatric specialists to improve care for children living with chronic medical conditions.
- Ancillary services include a diabetes educator, registered dietician, licensed clinical social worker, certified child life specialist, and an experienced nursing team with over 15 years of pediatric endocrinology experience.
- The Diabetes Center at Atrium Health Cabarrus also provides inpatient and outpatient consultation services.
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Pediatric Endocrinology is an integral part of the Children’s Services division, which also includes Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH). Ranked as one of the top Children’s Hospitals by U.S. News and World Report in eight specialties for 2023 - 2024, it is the most comprehensive children’s hospital between Atlanta and Washington, DC, helping families stay closer to home.
- Concord is a vibrant suburb located less than 30 miles northeast of Charlotte.
- Home to a range of attractions and activities from shopping, dining, and entertainment to outdoor recreation such as hiking, camping, fishing, and golfing – Concord has something for everyone.
- Concord has a lower cost of living compared to many other major cities in the US, making it an affordable place to live for families and young professionals.
- It's geographical location, temperate weather, excellent schools, array of outdoor activities, and southern charm are all draws to the city.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.
About Atrium Health
Atrium Health is a nationally recognized leader in shaping health outcomes through innovative research, education and compassionate patient care. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Atrium Health is an integrated, nonprofit health system with more than 70,000 teammates serving patients at 40 hospitals and more than 1,400 care locations. Atrium Health is part of Advocate Health, the fifth-largest nonprofit health system in the United States, which was created from the combination with Advocate Aurora Health. It provides care under the Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist name in the Winston-Salem, North Carolina, region, as well as Atrium Health Navicent and Atrium Health Floyd in Georgia and Alabama. Atrium Health is renowned for its top-ranked pediatric, cancer and heart care, as well as organ transplants, burn treatments and specialized musculoskeletal programs. A recognized leader in experiential medical education and groundbreaking research, Wake Forest University School of Medicine is the academic core of the enterprise, including Wake Forest Innovations, which is advancing new medical technologies and biomedical discoveries. Atrium Health is also a leading-edge innovator in virtual care and mobile medicine, providing care close to home and in the home. Ranked nationally among U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals in eight pediatric specialties and for rehabilitation, Atrium Health has also received the American Hospital Association’s Quest for Quality Prize and its 2021 Carolyn Boone Lewis Equity of Care Award, as well as the 2020 Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Health Equity Award for its efforts to reduce racial and ethnic disparities in care. With a commitment to every community it serves, Atrium Health seeks to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all, providing $2.46 billion last year in free and uncompensated care and other community benefits.
Access to Parks
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Restaurants
Median Home Value
Posted January 26, 2024