Remote – Interested in ways to earn additional income?
ExamWorks has 1099 independent contractor opportunities for Addiction Psychiatrists to join the reviewer network.
What is Peer Review?
Peer reviews are written evaluations prepared by physicians that provide an informed expert opinion about the appropriateness of care, medical necessity and related issues. Case review types include worker’s compensation, disability, and health plan prior authorizations and appeals.
The physician reviews the patient’s medical records and makes recommendations on care whether this be prospective, concurrent or retrospective treatment. There is no patient contact, although it is common for the reviewing physician to contact the treating provider for a peer-to-peer telephone discussion regarding the patient’s care. All work is completed on our secure, proprietary online portal.
This opportunity will allow you to supplement your income without any additional overhead. Additional benefits include:
• Receiving payment via direct deposit
• Working remotely and at your convenience (between patients, in the evening, weekends, etc.)
• A paperless workflow requiring no medical record filing/storage on your part
• Secure, easy-to-use online portal to work on cases
• Accepting as many or as few cases as your schedule will allow
- Board Certified in Addiction Psychiatry or Addiction Medicine
- Current active practice of at least 8 hours per week
- Active medical license without restrictions
- At least 5 years of clinical experience
Apply by February 29, 2024
ExamWorks is a leading provider of independent review services for clients such as insurance carriers, third-party claim administrators, and government agencies. Our peer review division utilizes a robust panel of credentialed physicians and allied medical professionals to provide timely, high quality reports.
Posted February 1, 2024