Virtual Nurse Practitioner - Amazon Care/ Care Medical
Near Washington, DC
Do you want to change the face of healthcare? Come join the most exciting healthcare initiative that redefines how patients connect to top quality care when and where they need it!
Amazon Care is healthcare built around the patient, their life, and their schedule. Amazon Care works with Care Medical, an independent medical practice. The Care Team is a dedicated group of licensed doctors, nurse practitioners, and registered nurses chosen to help our patients meet their health goals. Learn more about how we’re making healthcare easy at www.amazon.care.
As a Virtual Nurse Practitioner (NP) you will be responsible for delivering patient care virtually through video, phone, chat, text and email. You will be responsible for diagnostic and therapeutic decision-making within established standards of care, clinical practice guidelines, and Care Medical policies and procedures. The content of medical decision-making focuses on common conditions that would present within an episodic, acute-oriented primary care or urgent care medical practice.
- Licensed as a masters-level Nurse Practitioner in state of residence.
- Current national certification in family medicine through ANCC, AANP, or another nationally recognized certification board.
- 3+ years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner post education or residency.
- Ability to obtain licensure in multiple states as required by business need.
- Experience working in primary and/or urgent care with commercial age-insurance populations.
- Primary care experience in a small, independent clinic environment with extended hours to include evenings and weekends.
- Telemedicine or virtual care experience.
Physical Space Requirements:
- A work area equipped with a desk and chair, and access to properly grounded electrical outlet.
- Work area must be secure, quiet, and isolated from others to protect PHI.
- Internet bandwidth with a speed of at least 50 mbps download and 10 mbps upload.
Posted April 21, 2021